As you prepare for your upcoming photo shoot, there is so much to consider when it comes to what to wear! I have found several helpful articles about this topic and thought it would be most helpful to direct you to those sites.
There are a couple things to keep in mind when choosing outfits for everyone being photographed.
- Coordinating and not matchy-matchy!
- Pick a color palette and have everyone’s outfit draw from that with the use of accessories to draw it all together. Please visit included links to see examples.
- Shoes matter. Don’t wear tennis shoes. Make sure your shoes complete the outfit.
- No logos or brands. Also no characters or bold prints.
- Finally, clothing can make or break the portrait. Spend some time and consider what style you want. You are making an investment in photography, and it only makes sense to treat your wardrobe choices as part of that investment. If you need any tips or would like to discuss this further, head on over to my “Contact Info” page to reach me. I would love to talk this over with you!
Paint the Moon has an AMAZING article. Please read it in it’s entirety. You will be so well informed!
Jessica Bowers Photography has a great article as well with her own perspective on what to wear. At the end she interviews a friend and fellow photographer who she took family pictures for and it gives excellent insight into figuring out your wardrobe.
More sites coming soon!
Disclaimer: I don’t want any confusion. The photos on these page are NOT my own. Clicking the image or the hyperlink above in the descriptions will take you to the owner’s websites where you can find the articles I reference. 🙂